Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Enjoy the Happy Little Things...

1. Enjoy my pretty Easter nails :)

"Spring Fling" by AVON.... out of my 'vintage' stash (i.e. The summer of eighth grade where I bought almost every polish in the little AVON catalog. Quality stuff, fresh colors, and on sale at $1 apiece, I even knew a good deal back then!!) Years later, a few bottles of this collection were no longer in their liquid form, but just a small dose of acetone brought those bad girls back to life!



More to come this spring and summer from my vintage AVON-- because, unlike many of the wonderful bloggers I follow, I am young, broke and spending way more than I should in every arena of my, um, "budget." Clothes, home goods, groceries, definitely toiletries and cosmetics, traveling, presents AND all the wedding-related spending in my group of 20-something-year-old girlfriends! Ok, sorry I digress.

2. The really sweet text I got from my boyfriend today. Back story first:

Tonight, Chadwick made dinner at home for himself and his roommate. Poor things, they ONLY had two huge prime grade ribeyes, stone crabs, wild rice and asparagus. Chad is quite the chef. Of course, dinner was paired with red wine-- I can't tell you which, because I didn't ask. I didn't ask because I know I'd be jealous. Chad is a certified sommelier, in the midst of completing his Master Sommelier certification, wine distributor and connoisseur indeed. In the past three years, we have truly shared some of the best wines ever. Being in Charlotte with him in Miami Beach not only means less time together, but means less fabulous wine and dining for me!! (Better for my booty, but less tasty on the palette; I had a turkey mozzarella sandwich for dinner.)

Anywho back to the story, as I headed to the gym, we squeezed in a quick car chat. I went to workout, and, 755 miles away, Chad made his five-star dinner. I must have missed the text message while I was *spinning* my little heart out. I actually didn't see it until after the gym and a quick stop at the grocery store (picked up ingredients for my splendid turkey sandwich and tomorrow's green summer smoothie breakfast). Annnnd the cutest little text said:

Dinner and wine is not the same without u! :(

He even made a sad face!! But his text message frown made me smile. Phew! That was a long story for a short text, but that's my style. Gotta give you the background.


3. And last little happy thing for the day: I have now gone to three spin classes at my new gym and I am loving it. I am going to spin 2x a week, and maybe I'll just ride my bike all the way to Coral Gables for Monica's wedding in May!

0 comments: