Thursday, April 1, 2010

Late Lunchtime Yummy of the Day

I just made my favorite salad, with my favorite dressing, and I nearly licked the bowl it was so good!!! It is nothing out of this world as far as the recipe, but it is a quick fix and most certainly delicious!!!! Didn't get to take a pic because... well because it was that good. I guess I'll just update the post with a picture when I make another one later this week.

Handful of spinach
Handful of green or red leaf lettuce or a mix of the two (your choice)
Tbsp of raisins (sometimes I switch this up with Craisins, fresh grapes, blackberries or strawberries)
Small handful of nuts (I like pecans or walnuts or a little of both)
Tbsp (or a little more) of crumbled goat cheese
1-2 tbsp of Newman's Own All Natural Olive Oil & Vinegar (go light; this is heavy in calories) or opt for another dressing or none. I think you need something just to wet the leafiness some.
1-2 tbsp of chopped red onion
I didn't today, but you can even add some cilantro for extra zest if you please.
Mix it all up!

AND ENJOY!

0 comments: